In a resolution dated 28th February, 2014, the Government of India has appointed the Seventh Central Pay Commission. Headquartered in Delhi, this Pay Commission has been given 18 months from date of its constitution to make its recommendations. Two full time researchers are required to support these ongoing activities. The selected candidates will provide support the work of the Commission on research, data analysis, and critical policy and legal literature reviews.
The ideal candidate shall have the following competencies:
- Ability to use databases and handle large data sets.
- Ability to conduct secondary research through the use of databases (such as Elsevier, JSTOR, Emerald Research and other journal databases).
- Good research and analytical skills, including skills in data analysis and report writing.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work under supervision as well as with self-initiative & motivation.
- Approaches work with a positive, constructive attitude.
- Generates new ideas and approaches, researches and documents best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments.
Required qualifications and experience
The ideal candidate shall have the following qualifications and work experience:
M.A. Degree or equivalent in any of the following:
- Another closely related field
- Six months of post graduate experience in a relevant sector is desirable
- New graduates with exceptional academic qualifications may be considered
- Excellent writing and oral skills in English are essential
- Working knowledge of Hindi and any state language/s would be an asset
- Expertise in statistical and data handling software (such as Microsoft Excel, SPSS, or Stata) is essential
- Full proficiency in Microsoft Office is essential
- Knowledge of computer programming would be an asset
Applicants should submit the following by email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter
- Updated CV
- Contact details of three references
Please state the following as the subject of the email: "Job Application (Pay Commission)".